Interim Executive Board
Howard Community Academy is currently governed locally by an Interim Executive Board (IEB).
As an academy, the ‘Trustees’ are accountable for the quality of education being provided. The Trustees appoint people to serve on the Interim Executive Board to hold the local senior leadership team to account for standards and safeguarding. Through this, the Trust ensures strong local governance of each academy and retains a clear line of sight into the performance of each academy within its community.
Members of the Interim Executive Board are appointed by the Trust. Their role is to:
- support good governance of the school
- safeguard and promote the Trust’s values
- support the Headteacher and be a critical friend
- monitor achievement, the quality of teaching, behaviour and safety
- engage with the school’s key stakeholders, for example, parents/carers, pupils and staff
Members of the Interim Executive Board are appointed by the Trust. They are currently:
- Duncan Cooper (Chair)
- Mary Rayner
- Alison Weir
- Sue Herriott
The IEB can be contacted through Alex Huggins, Clerk to the IEB via Alex.firstname.lastname@example.org.